EXTRA PEOPLE IN PERSON IN CHURCH
From this Sunday 20th December, St George’s Church has been granted by MCCY permission to have 150 people in church.
This means that our 4 Christmas Eve Services (4 + 6pm Family Services and 9+11 pm Communion Services) and our 3 Christmas Day Services (8 am, 10:15 am and 5:30 pm) are able to have more people attend. Please register – go to our What’s On Page on this website.
It also means that from the 20th December all our regular Sunday Services (8 am and 10:15 am and 5:30 pm) can have a 150 people capacity. Please register – go to our What’s On Page on this website.
Sunday School will be having a 3 week ‘vacation’. This means NO Sunday School on Sundays 27th December, 3rd January, 10th January. Sunday School will resume on the 17th January.
Youth on Sundays will continue to be In Person at 10:15 am as well as on Zoom at 10:15 am
(note the new time for Zoom Youth of 10:15 am). Please register (first 50 allowed).
Dig Deeper will be on ‘vacation’ for the 25th December and 1st January. They resume on the 08th of January 2021.
Register yourself and your children here: https://www.stgeorges.org.sg/whats-on
Wednesday 10:30 am Communion Church Service continues for those who are in the COVID-19 vulnerable age and health group. Register yourself here: https://www.stgeorges.org.sg/whats-on
These activities are ongoing:
- The Church building is open during Office Hours every day of the week.
Thank you for your generous giving. Please consider giving financially to St George’s by electronic means. At our Services, In Person, you can find the QR Code on display to set up PayNow/PayLah etc OR go here stgeorges.org.sg/how-do-i-give to download the planned giving form.
- If you need someone to pray for you, if you need assistance or can offer assistance, contact us.
- Life Groups/Bible study and other groups can still meet Online. If you would like to join an online group, then please contact us.
- Pray. Here are some suggested prayer points
Conditions required to attend the Sunday 8 am, 10:15 am and 5:30 pm and the 10:30 am Wednesday Services, due to restrictions placed upon Religious Organisations by the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth:
- Entry will be by registration which will be checked. Please retain or print out the copy of the confirmation email to be presented to the Sidesman upon entry.
- Registration for each Sunday opens on the preceding Monday and is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Should the Service be full, you may register on the waitlist and we will inform you should space become available.
- The Service will be approximately 1 hour in length.
- Socialising before and after the Service will not be encouraged.
- TraceTogether and Temperature taking will be required to be completed
- When at church, use your Phone to also download the week’s e-bulletin.
- There will be one entrance door and a different exit door.
- Participants will be asked to sit in a socially-distanced way. Friends and Family members can sit together (up to 5 members)
- Face masks will be required the whole time by those attending church
- The Service, leaders, preacher etc will be wearing face shields whilst participating upfront.
- There will be no congregational singing during the Service. Songs will be played using the data projector.
- Communion elements will be provided as a ‘pack’ and the elements consumed whilst sitting in your seat.
- Bibles, prayer books, hymn books etc will not be available. Please bring your own bible.
- Church Service participants are asked not to use the kneeling cushions.
- Unfortunately, there will not be any refreshments served before or after the Service.
Rev. Ian Hadfield – Vicar
19th December 2020
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice.
14 Febuary 2021 10.15am Service Livestream
21 Febuary 2021 10:15am Service Livestream
For our other online Church Services, go to
Welcome To St George’s Church – Tanglin Singapore
Whether you are local Singaporean, new to Singapore, are contemplating a move here, or are simply passing through, we invite you to participate in the life of our community. If you’re looking for a church, read more about us here.
We hold Sunday English services at 8.00 am, 10.150 am and 5.30 pm. The Filipino Fellowship meets at 12.00 pm and the Japanese Fellowship meets every Sunday at 2.30pm. Find out more about the facilities for children and families and where you can connect with others in your stage of life through small groups. We also offer many different ministries which allow you to connect and serve others.
When you decide to join one of our Sunday morning services, be sure to check out the Welcome Corner. It’s a quick opportunity for us to meet you, clarify any questions you may have, and help you get settled in.
St. George’s Church dates back to the setting up of the British military garrison in Singapore in the late 1860s. Christian ministry was established amongst the barracks by the lay chaplain at that time –